Monday, January 27, 2014

Circus Themed Baby Shower

When I found out that my oldest brother and his wife were expecting my family's first grandchild, I was beyond ecstatic. When we found out it was a boy, it became even more fun. My brother has a Jr title since he is named after my dad and he had been telling us for years that he wanted to name his first boy Robert the Third. So we were able to call the little growing person, who we were excitedly waiting for, by his name (RJ) before we had even met him. 

I was honored to plan a family shower for my sister-in-law and the little mister. I did a little research and found so many cute ideas, it was hard to pick a theme! Good thing there will be more showers to come :)

RJ's Cirque Du Bebe Shower

Invite: Circus themed! I used an evite with a little lion on it.

Colors: Red, Blue, Yellow and Lime Green

Decor:
  • Yellow feathers
  • Elephant and giraffe figures
  • Baby toy cups on top of the cake and table
Food: We did a brunch for the shower to keep it low key. However, we used a few cute pieces to spruce up the table.
  • Circus tent napkins
  • Circus tent food picks, used to display the ingredients in the eggs. (Egg Cup Directions)
  • Silly straws in red, blue and yellow
Favor: We used circus tent paper bags filled with popcorn as favors. Each bag read, "Thanks for popping in!" to tie in the circus theme and the fact that the mother-to-be was about to pop!



Other Baby Shower themes on the blog:

- Little Pumpkin
- Little Man
- Peter Rabbit
- Minnie Mouse  
- Pumpkin Diaper Cakes 
- Traditional Diaper Cakes
- Building a Baby Basket

No comments:

Post a Comment