Monday, January 6, 2014

Arizona Wedding Bells

My beautiful friend Marie got married this past weekend! Some of my family and a number of friends all trekked down to Arizona for the January wedding. It felt amazing to be in 70 degree weather compared to the "feels like -50 with windchill" weather in Minnesnowta! Marie had asked me and my cousin Teresa to be personal attendants for the big day and it was such a blast to help the bride get married.

The ceremony was in a sweet little chapel and the reception space was breathtaking. The reception was held at The Raven Golf Course in Buckeye, AZ. The hall had massive french doors that opened onto a patio and lawn. The lawn had croquet and cornhole set up on it and had small trees that twinkled with white lights. The lawn overlooked a cobblestone bridge and stream with the mountains in the background. I wish I could teleport back there! It was the perfect place to celebrate the bride and groom and a gorgeous day. 

The rest of the weekend that wasn't wedding-related was spent sitting outside or exploring the area. Many wedding attendees went to hike Mt. Camelback or one of the many other scenic hikes in the area. We were in the Goodyear area and found some great biking and walking trails that let us enjoy the palm trees, warm weather and a cactus or two. 

I don't know if I could handle the heat of summer or the fairly mild scenery (other than the mountains of course). But Phoenix was fun and we are already talking about heading back next winter since it was a great place to escape the winter blues. 

Another fun fact of the weekend, the bride made all of the bridesmaid jewelry herself! I admired her DIY project and the pieces looked great on each lady. Congrats again to Mr and Mrs B!

No comments:

Post a Comment