Dress up your Thanksgiving table by turning your napkins into part of the table decoration by making turkeys.
Make a simple turkey to place on the plates and impress your guests with your creativity. Here's the finished product on the left. You're impressed right? It's no origami masterpiece, but this is sure to give your guests a great conversation topic. It's a quick decoration once you get the gist of it. And it's a great way to change up your table without taking up space, instead of just folding the napkins, or using napkin rings as the decoration.
Fold your own Turkey Napkins, here's how:
Start with a pretty napkin
1. Fold your napkin in half to make a long rectangle
2. Next fold your napkin accordion-style from the shorter edge. Leave 3 inches at the end unfolded.
Note: If you want to go the extra mile, use an heated iron to press each fold.
3. Turn the napkin over so the accordion portion faces downwards.
4. Fold in half, top to bottom (accordion folds should now be on the outside)
5. Fold the square (4 layers) one way and tuck into the accordion fold to make a triangle.
6. Now place it on your dinner plate with the triangle in the center and the folds fanning out to keep the turkey upright.
Voila!! You are finished.... well at least with 1.
Good luck and hope you impress your guests with your food and napkin folding expertise.