Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall Fashion Favorites

Like most mid-westerners, I am a huge fan of fall! There are so many wonderful things to love: the colors, the sunny but cool days, leaf piles, pumpkin spice lattes, apple picking.. The list goes on. But another reason I enjoy the changing of the seasons is fall fashion. So, before the leaves drop and the snow blows in, here are my top three fall favorite fashions of 2013.

1. Leg Warmers

If you don't have a pair, you're missing out! They add an extra layer of warmth to your legs and look adorable. The latest trend is to have a bit peeking out of your boot. My recent favorite is the cable knit sweater look.

There are plenty of tutorials on how to use an old sweater to make leg warmers with just a snip! Check out one tutorial here.



2. Infinity Scarves

Now these have been fashionable for a few winters now.. Probably because they give a clean look with just a loop around your neck and come in all sorts of colors, lengths and fabrics. My two favorites are the large, lightweight scarves and the short knit scarves. I made my own last winter and while my technique needs to be perfected, it was relatively simple.




Here is a simple pattern to follow if you want to sew your own infinity scarf!












3. Leather/Pleather

Whether its a purse, pants or boots, the leather look is in. My current favorites are a sleek leather jacket or some fun, edgy pleather leggings. Just be careful to not go overboard! Pick a signature piece to help achieve a polished but daring look.


No comments:

Post a Comment