These little skewers make a perfect pre-dinner or post-dinner treat. You could customize this recipe by using different fruits or creative drizzles. I went for the standard banana split ingredients and the result was an easy, fresh and sweet pop of flavor. And who could complain about the little chocolate drizzle or dip on top?
Banana Split Bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Banana, cut into half inch slices
- Strawberries, cut in half
- Pineapple, cut into half inch chunks
- Almond bark or melted chocolate chips
- Toothpicks or small wooden skewers
1. Cut fruit into desired sizes and amounts.
Note: the banana will brown if you prep these too early. To make the recipe more time efficient, cut the strawberries and pineapple but wait to cut the bananas and wait to assemble until right before serving.
2. Skewer sticks in desired order with the banana, strawberry and pineapple.
3. Melt chocolate and either dip each skewer into chocolate or drizzle the chocolate over skewers after they are all assembled.
4. Refrigerate before serving and then enjoy!