Friday, January 3, 2014

Just a few Minneapolis Restaurants

Sometimes it's hard to not not take the Twin Cities for granted since I have lived here all my life. I am not a huge fan of the winter season but the rest of the year makes up for it. I recently read an article about how Minneapolis is one of the healthiest, most active cities in America. No surprise to me! People here appreciate being outdoors and staying active. We also have plenty of great restaurants here with delicious, fresh and healthy food. 

Over the last two years, I have been able to plan and attend a number of dining events in the Twin Cities. This has started me down the path of becoming a "foodie." I have even more come to appreciate good food and fun restaurants. As a result, I have a few new favorite restaurants around town. If you reside in or come to visit the Twin Cities anytime soon, be sure to check one or all of these out!

Broders Pasta Bar
I requested to go to Broders for my birthday since I had heard raving reviews about it. Broders doesn't take reservations but it is worth waiting for a table! We grabbed wine at the front bar and chatted until we were able to get a table. The pasta is all homemade and delicious. I appreciated the fact that the menu has many changing dishes based on the season and what is fresh. On my most recent visit, we ordered gnocchi with pomegranate seeds and other seasonal ingredients. Their salads and desserts never disappoint either! It has a simple but romantic ambiance and is perfect for a date night or a special occasion.

The Bachelor Farmer
A few friends and I also used a birthday as an excuse to explore this restaurant. TBF prides itself on using fresh ingredients with a daily changing menu. We tried a couple different appetizers and toasts. We loved the popovers and both our duck and roasted pork leg entrees were heavenly. It was a little on the pricey side but great food for a special occasion. The server was very knowledgeable about the wine list and we were thrilled to have such exceptional service.

Butcher and the Boar
The first word that comes to mind is manly. Between the decor and food, this restaurant is no sugar coated fru-fru. We ordered a plate of beef, pork and boar sausages to start and they disappeared quickly. We also got adventurous and tried the peanut butter filled jalapenos and the caramelized broccoli, both amazing. We then tackled the pork chop. Everything was incredibly tasty. The bar floor is made of out pennies and the decor was sleek without being snooty. We will be back!

Other mentionables:
Bar La Grasse (More Pasta!)
Corner Table (Mouthwatering Sweet Potato Creme Brulee)
Capital Grille (Seriously Scrumptious Steak)

No comments:

Post a Comment