Thursday, July 21, 2016

Candied Conversation Hearts Craft

Another year has passed and Dave and I find ourselves celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary. WOW!

I seized the opportunity to make a lovey dovey craft to commemorate one more year together.  We never do anything BIG for our anniversary. Usually we choose to just spend the day together and treating each other as our gifts.  It works for us, and we love it! We've spent an anniversary at the zoo, our favorite roller coaster amusement park (my blog post on Cedar Point), and a day shopping for new clothes.  This year we spent a few hours at the gym to counterbalance our dinner plans, a movie, then plan on ordering wings, and devouring some ice cream.

But since we don't exchange gifts I've been doing a little craft to represent another year passed.  My choice to do a candied conversation hearts craft came from a fellow grad student offering us a whole bag of the candy! Immediately knew I should finally set aside time to make this craft since I've only been wanting to for the past several Valentines! So time like the present.


Candied Conversation Hearts Craft


Time: 2 hours

Supplies : candied hearts, Elmers glue, paper and frame or a canvas and paint.

Since I'm a perfectionist I laid out all the hearts in the shape of the large heart. Then after that was assembled I went through and glued each one of them.  For now I have the piece stationed on a clipboard. Another option I'm considering is a shadow box and filling the bottom of the box with the leftover candied hearts!

#ThrowbackThursday :
Last year for my wedding anniversary craft, I made a DIY First Dance Frame , a perfect way to capture those first dance moments as husband and wife. Take a peek at my craft of our first dance together to "Forever". And back to our first anniversary DIY when I created Special Occasion Card Collections. Already thinking what's on my list to make for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment