Thursday, March 5, 2015

DIY Cork Monogram

I am trying something new by reposting a project. I already wrote a post about my cork project that was used in our wedding decor but wanted to resurrect it since I never gave detailed descriptions on the how-to. This cork project was months and months in the making. These are corks from my friends' weddings, from work events, from my parents, from our engagement party, from friend get-togethers and from in-laws. This was used on the guest book table at our wedding and now graces our home.




Supplies: 
  • Glue gun
  • Wooden or cardboard letter
  • Spray paint
  • Corks
*You can either collect corks on your own or you can buy them in bulk. They can be found on Amazon, eBay or at your local craft store.

Directions: 
  1. Sort the corks as you desire. I wanted our letter to have a whole mix of colors but an ombre look is also beautiful as well.
  2. Paint the letter in your desired color. I went with purple to go with our wedding colors.
  3. Strategically glue corks in the layout. Make sure that the bottom row sits flat so that it does not tip over when set upright.



No comments:

Post a Comment