Friday, August 8, 2014

Burlap Wedding Day Canvas

Holy Cow! I promise that I am alive!

I have been just a bit overwhelmed the past few weeks with sending out wedding invitations, wrapping up bridal showers, celebrating the weddings of a few friends, traveling for work events every week, starting to move into our new apartment and trying to spend time with family.

Seriously, where did the summer go?? As much as I adore blogging and miss it dearly, I have felt strongly about focusing on the amazing last few weeks before I become a Mrs.

That being said, I was running an event in Seattle today and am now waiting for a flight that is 6 hours delayed. I guess God thought that it was time to get the creative juices flowing and to crank out some writing while jamming out to some tunes. Finding that silver lining!

One of the projects that I have been so excited to share was actually a wedding present that I made for a dear friend of mine. I was honored to have shared a wedding shower with Mary back in June (See my Tea Party Shower post!) and finally, it was her wedding day in July!

Mary did the very fun burlap and mason jar theme that is taking the world by storm. It was so cute! She used tree pieces as centerpieces with burlap runners, mason jars with flowers and tied with twine and clothespins with pictures of the happy couple.

I knew ahead of time that Mary was going this decorating route and was able to make a piece to tie into her special day.

Burlap Wedding Canvas

Supplies:
  • Burlap Canvas (I found a whole array of options at my local Michaels store)
  • Sharpies, both thin and thick
  • ModPodge Glue
  • Paper or Wooden Figures (I also found these wooden birds at my Michaels store)
  • Paint in desired color
Instructions: 
  1. Begin by painting the figures the color of your choice. I painted the "love birds" black to match the sharpie colors.
  2. I carefully stenciled on the happy couple's last inital, R, onto the canvas and then filled it in.
  3. Follow the last step to also add on the wedding date.
  4. Using a ruler, I added the thin black lines with my smaller sharpie to outline the wedding date.
  5. Lastly, use your glue to add the figures to the canvas.



No comments:

Post a Comment