Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Starbucks "You Are Here" Collection

When I was in NYC with my dad and sister about a year ago, we came across a cute city mug at the Starbucks we were at. We saw the mug a couple more times throughout the trip (we frequented Starbucks more times than we'd care to admit). I was bummed when I came back home that we hadn't grabbed one as a souvenir. A few weeks later, I was thrilled to discover that my local Starbucks has the same collection of city mug for the Twin Cities.

I ended up doing a few hours of research on the mugs since I was curious which cities had them and how long they had been around. Turns out that the recent collection is fairly new. There was a bit of a backlash when it started since many people had been collecting the previous collection for years. While there does need to be a certain number of Starbucks stores in a city to quality, most large cities have their own unique mug based on their lifestyles, histories and unique landmarks. I love the new style as each mug is colorful and vibrant.

I began collecting them and it's been a sweet little memento from a few different trips. My dad was kind enough to grab my sister and I mugs on his recent NYC trip to add to our lists. The "You Are Here" collection will definitely be go-to mugs in my kitchen and are great reminders of adventures past.


No comments:

Post a Comment