Saturday, May 3, 2014

Kentucky Derby Attire

This weekend is the annual Kentucky Derby. While I am posted up with the flu, I am dreaming of the big hats and beautiful dresses being worn today. One of my coworkers even borrowed my big black hat for her Derby party this weekend. In anticipation of writing this post, I did a little research into appropriate Derby outfits. Kentucky Derby has a whole webpage on their site about women's attire for the races. These suggestions include thoughts and ideas for hats and outfits. It seems that while the clubhouse sports more classy and fashionable hat styles, the infield hats take a more wild turn.

Kentucky Derby suggests either picking your dress first and making a custom hat with ribbons, flowers or other pieces around your house, or pick out a drop-dead-gorgeous hat and plan your outfit around that. Find something that fits your personality to stand out in when you are sipping the classic Derby drink, mint juleps.

Here are a few of my favorite Derby looks, find them on Pinterest! Whether you are looking to win the Best Dressed Hat contest or looking to bet on your favorite horse, good luck this weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment