Monday, May 12, 2014

DIY Crayon Art

This project was a blast! I had seen crayon art and it looked impossible. Naturally, I had to try it! I made this piece for my sister since we both have a slight obsession for Winnie the Pooh characters. It was a bit frustrating that the melting wax had a mind of its own. However, in the end, the weird spurts of wax made it unique and interesting.

Supplies:

- Any size canvas
- Crayons or meltable wax in desired colors
- Paint and/or any other medium you want to include


Directions:

1. Start with your initial design with any other mediums. I used a Winnie the Pooh stencil and some acrylic paint to create the little characters at the bottom of the piece.

2. I attempted to use a blow dryer as some tutorials suggested. I found that it wasn't quite hot enough and seemed to scatter the wax in weird ways. In the end, I ended up melting much of the wax by a lighter and letting it drip in a much more clean fashion.

Enjoy! Check out some other canvas projects or our Pinterest page to see some other crayon ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment