Tuesday, April 8, 2014

DIY Bridesmaid Boxes



Creative ways of asking friends and family to be a part of your bridal party is most definitely a new trend that is taking off. Just like a Save the Date is not on the traditional "to do" list, asking a sister to be your bridesmaid or maid of honor in a unique way is also a recent addition. I can't say that men have picked up this trend but I saw a few ideas for my girls and ran with it. Since a few of my ladies live out of town, I wanted to do something other than just a phone call that they would have surely expected. Plus, it was an opportunity for a little creativity.

I started with a few of my Birchbox boxes for the out-of-towners and a few other boxes for the in-town ladies. I used a sticker for the outside that read: "J&L" with our wedding date. I switched up the quotes so that each was different. For example, one read, "I can't say I do without you!" or "I have my mister but I always need my sister." On the inside was written, "Now it is my turn to pop the question... Will you be my bridesmaid?"

I made a bracelet or set of earrings for each girl, different depending on what I thought they would like. Along with the jewelry was a ring pop, which many of you have probably seen on Pinterest. The girls loved it and it was a special way to ask each to be a part of our wedding day. Of course, each box had a card that formally asked each lady and said thank you for being a wonderful friend/sister.

It was a blast to receive calls after sending the boxes and a fun way to officially kick off the bridal party festivities!


No comments:

Post a Comment