This weekend we celebrated my brother's 21st birthday as a whole family. My sister was home for Easter and we were tasked with making the birthday dessert. Naturally, as us Brickweg women often do, we got completely carried away. We made not one but three kinds of cupcakes (the other two recipes will come at a later time)!! But the all time fav of the three by far was the Bailey's cupcake. It was perfectly fitting for a 21st birthday and the frosting was out of this world! I could have eaten the frosting with a spoon, but I resisted. Also, these cupcakes were made from scratch and we can all fully attest to the fact that homemade is better than a box. These were incredible and we can't wait to make another batch soon!
Coffee Chocolate Cupcake
1. In small bowl, dissolve baking soda in room temp buttermilk.
2. In sauce pan, melt butter and cocoa together at low temp. When smooth, add coffee.
3. In separate bowl, sift together sugar, flour and salt. Add cocoa mixture and egg and mix at low speed.
4. Add buttermilk mixture and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Baileys Irish Cream Frosting
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 c confectioner sugar
- 1/4 c Baileys
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coffee
1. Beat ingredients together until smooth.
2. Pipe onto cupcakes while still room temp. Use plastic baggie with cut corner to pipe onto cupcakes smoothly.