|Penne with Brown Butter & Arugula|
By: Giada De Laurentiis
Time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup EVOO
1 large lemon, zested & juiced
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1lb penne rigate pasta
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temp
4 cups baby arugula
1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
2 tbsp capers, rinsed & drained
1. Dressing: In a small bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper til smooth. Set aside.
2. Pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes.
3. Drain and serve about 1 cup of pasta water.
4. In a skillet whisk butter over medium heat until melted. Simmer until foamy. Continue to cook until the butter has a nutty aroma and turns caramel, 3-5 minutes.
5. Remove pan from heat. Add he pasta, dressing, arugula, tomatoes, Parmesan, pine nuts and capers. Toss until coated, add pasta water 1 tbsp at a time to loosen sauce. Transfer to large bowl.
Note: Pine nuts bake 350 degrees, toasted 6-8 minutes on sheet. Cool.