In an attempt to incorporate more veggies into my eating I thought why not have a raw veggie pizza. Had heard rave reviews on the idea of a veggie pizza on crescent dough and decided to dive right in.
Definitely a good dish to bring to an event or potluck, not so much a dish for just 2 people. We were eating this every meal for like 3 days. It's very filling, and makes me feel like I'm trying to be healthy even though the "sauce" isn't. More delectable then the typical snack of dipping my veggies in ranch dip.
Customize your pizza with your favorite medley of veggies and prepare to share, because people love the idea of a "healthy" pizza.
Vegetable Crescent Pizza
Prep Time 30 min
Cook Time 30 min
2 (8oz) pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
2 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayo
1 (1oz) pkg dry Ranch dressing mix
1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Other vegetable options: cucumber, bell peppers
*Note: Our verdict was there was too much dressing (it was pretty thick) so would recommend cutting down to 1 pkg of cream cheese and not the whole pkg of ranch mix. Also, purchase a 12 oz. bag of Vegetable Medley to cut down on the prep time for the veggies.
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Roll out dough onto 9x13 baking sheet and pinch together edges to form the pizza crust.
3) Bake crust 12 minutes. Remove, cook for 15 minutes without removing from sheet.
4) In bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, ranch packet. Spread on crust.
5) Arrange veggies and cheese.
6) Chill for 1 hour, slice and serve.