Monday, February 10, 2014

Art : Lose Yourself to Find Yourself

Who didn't love art class? When you could to listen to music, whip out your creative side and forget your other studies.

I have always had a great love for art. It wasn't until after high school that I realized how therapeutic it was for me. There is nothing better than getting lost in a piece. The past couple years, I have tried to find time here or there to indulge in this hobby. It has provided some relaxing evenings after a stressful day and even some fun wedding gifts for friends.

Mediums of choice: pastel, colored pencil, pencil and charcoal

Pictured are a few of my favorite projects of the last couple years. If you enjoy art in the least, I can't encourage you enough to indulge in it. Life gets busy and downtime may seem impossible. But it'll get you outside your head and might even produce a wall-worthy piece of art!

If art is not your forte, check out a local Wine and Canvas type event. These events have intructors who walk you through each step of a specific piece. I've had a number of friends attend one of these nights and the final results produced are always beautiful! 

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time"

 


No comments:

Post a Comment