My husband and I recently returned from a trip abroad (more on that later!) and we were excited to find an excuse to use some of our European candy. With summer in full swing and the fourth of July right around the corner, I wanted to get a jump start on some fun recipes.
Red, White and Blue Dessert
- Package of strawberries
- Package of blueberries
- One small carton of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powered sugar
- 2 frozen Mars bar (Or Milkyway)
1. In a mixing bowl, whip up the cream until it makes a stiff peak. Add powered sugar.
2. Cut up strawberries into halves or fourths. Put a bottom layer of strawberries into a small bowl.
3. Add blueberries. Then add whipping cream.
4. Continue to layer each ingredient as desired.
5. Put Mars bars into a baggie and break them into pieces using a spoon.
6. Spread the top of the dessert with the candy and serve.
Sweet Blue Libation
- White wine
- Blue curacao
1. Fill a glass with ice and add white wine.
2. Add a small amount of blue curacao. Garnish with blueberries.