Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Homemade DIY Lip Balm

I am currently stuck at home, dealing with a miserable cold. We all get one at some point during the terrible winter months, right? I decided to find the silver lining and use the time to try a new project that has been on my list for a couple of weeks: homemade lip balm.

I have seen a couple variations of this, some using Vaseline or even melted crayons for a more dramatic color. I opted for a more simple and subtle version. The only two ingredients that you need is coconut oil and some form of drink powder. I used pink lemonade powder and Arnie Palmer powder. But I also saw versions that used koolaid, emergency-C and Crystal Light. Find a flavor or color that works best for you!

Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of pre-sweetened drink powder mix
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Containers for lip gloss. I found mini-makeup containers on Amazon.

Directions:
1. I started by melting the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds. Using a whisk, I stirred it until it was fully melted.
2. Add in powder and use whisk to beat sugar until it is dissolved.
3. Spoon it into contains. I put mine into the fridge so the oil would harden faster.
4. Secure the top on and add a label if desired. Enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment