Baked Ornament Recipe:
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 3/8 cups of water
*This is a weird measurement because I cut the recipe in half.
1. Cook all ingredients on medium in a small pot until very thick consistency.
2. Put in a bowl and wait for it to cool. Place a damp cloth over the bowl to avoid the dough drying out.
3. Role out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
4. I used the top of a water glass but you can also use cookie cutters to cut out your shapes.
5. Bake in the oven at 175 degrees for an hour. Flip over half way through the cooking time.
*Note: Do not let the edges brown. If the dough is still wet or soft, place back in oven for a few more minutes.
I used our apartment key to make a little indent before cooking. After baking the ornament and letting it dry, I painted the surface and then wrote our address on the front. It is a cute little keepsake for remembering our first home as a married couple. It looks great on our Christmas tree which is still looking lovely in our house!