Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sewing Machine Projects

Ok but seriously, how cute are these?? My mom got a new Brother sewing machine and she has been working on some fun new projects. She whipped out some adorable kitchen towels yesterday and I just had to share. My mom has been sewing her whole life, she used to make her own clothes and has made many an outfit for her six children. She is a mastermind and very talented!!

She recently learned how to make mittens out of old wool sweaters (that DIY commentary will have to come at a later time). She made many pairs of mittens, giving them away to friends or people who mentioned needing or wanting new mittens. Most of the time, her mitten giveaways were prompted by a little prayer to find the right person to give them to. I know many hearts were blessed by her generosity and beautiful work. Since her mitten project, she has been itching for a new sewing machine. Luckily, my dad is awesome and bought her one for her birthday! This sewing machine is incredible. It is like a computer and has all sorts of patterns and stiches programmed into it. I can't wait to see all the fun pieces that she makes. I foresee a lot of cute towels, baby blankets and onesies in our futures.

These particular patterns were used on kitchen towels for my cousin's bridal shower gift. My mom used thread that had varying color shades making the end result look like she had sewn on different colored threads individually. What a cool pattern and sweet project! I am planning on commissioning her to monogram everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment