Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Raspberry Torte Cake
- 1 pkg devil's food cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Small bar of semisweet or dark chocolate
- 1 pkg raspberries
1. Mix and bake cake according to package directions. Bake in two 9" cake pans.
2. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pans and allow to cool on wire rack.
3. Beat together cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until fluffy. Fold in cream.
4. Split each cake into two horizontal layers. Place on serving plate.
5. Spread 1/4 cream mixture, raspberries and chocolate. Repeat layers for all four layers.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours to harden the filling.