Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Marry Christmas Ornaments

If you have followed our blog for a little while, you will know that these ornaments are something that I will continue to make and post about every holiday season. It is a fun annual project and I just love gifting the ornaments to couples who are celebrating their first holiday season as newlyweds!

I created one of these for a friend a few Christmases ago after finding her wedding invitation in my desk. It was a simple, inexpensive project but more importantly, it was a personal and sentimental piece that her and her husband can enjoy every Christmas. It is also a nice surprise gift after all of the wedding madness has died down.


Supplies:
- Empty craft bulbs
Note: I buy a box of four or six on sale after Christmas each year. But you can also get them individually on sale throughout the holiday season.
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Wedding invite 
Note: Get creative! You could use a baby announcement, Christmas card or save the date. 
- Any other decorative objects that you desire
Note: I like to use a matching ribbon to tie on the top of the bulb.


Check out my previous post for full instructions on how to make these marry Christmas bulbs!

Last year, I even experimented with a few other ornament ideas including using dried petals from wedding day bouquets. See my previous post for more DIY ornament ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment