Anyone else feel like Christmas has been sneaking up on them this year?! Most of us are frantically trying to finish Christmas shopping, bake cookies, write cards, clean our houses... the list goes on and on. Well, good news! We have a few simple party ideas and easy-to-make desserts to help that long list not look quite so daunting.
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Large pretzels
- Melting chocolate (Six bars needed)
- Sprinkles or other toppings (ie. Nuts, crushed candy canes, candies)
1. Melt chocolate in microwave until smooth.
2. Dip pretzels in chocolate and place on some wax paper.
3. Add sprinkles or other toppings before the chocolate hardens.
Christmas Tree Brownies
- One box of brownie mix
- One tube of frosting
1. Follow the directions on the brownie mix. Bake brownies and let them cool.
2. Cut the brownies into triangles.
3. Add frosting to the brownies and sprinkles to make the brownies appear as Christmas trees.
- Cranberry juice
- Honey and crushed peppermint for rim garnish
1. Dip edge of glass in honey and then rub in crushed peppermint.
2. Mix the champagne and cranberry juice. Pour into glass.
3. Add a paper straw or festive garnish like cranberries or cinnamon stick!
To display our holiday treats, we set up a buffet table full of festive details. We set up a few Christmas trees on the edges and then used apothecary jars to display mints and vase filler. Paper straws are always great to bring in pops of color and look great in our stemless champagne glasses.
To add to our look, we added a cute printable from Pinterest in the center of the table accented with some greenery. The final detail was a bow of greenery above the buffet table.