For the Adults: Cranberry Cocktail
- Cranberry juice
1. Fill the bottom of the glass just over 1/4 full of gingerale. Add 1 shot of gin (or more!).
2. Fill the remaining part of the glass with cranberry juice.
3. Squeeze one lemon and one lime into the glass. Add ice.
4. Garnish with some floating cranberries.
Another easy Thanksgiving cocktail is champagne and cranberry juice topped with some pretty floating cranberries. Cheers!
For the Kids: Turkey Craft
I did this craft with my little girl's group and I can attest to it still looking cute on my fridge a couple of weeks later. I told the girls to collect the leaves of their choice and then think of things that they were grateful for. As we did the craft, each girl shared a little about their blessings.
- Construction paper
1. Cut a large circle and a smaller one to make the turkey.
2. Glue the leaves in a feather fan pattern behind the larger circle.
3. Decorate as desired!
For Family Dessert Fun: Pumpkin Rice Krispies
- 1 bag of candy corn marshmallows
*Note: You can also use normal marshmallows and use food coloring to make the orange coloring
- 3 tbsps of butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 bag of tootsie rolls
1. Melt butter in a pan over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and if needed, food coloring.
3. Slowly begin to add Rice Krispies until fully added and remove from heat.
4. Allow time to cool before handling. Roll into balls.
5. Shape to get the desired pumpkin shape.
6. Cut tootsie roll in half and add to the top.