- 4 apples (Makes 4 servings)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 Packet of frozen pie crust
1. Start with cutting off the tops of the apples and scooping out the insides. Collect insides in a bowl and throw away the seeds and core.
2. Preheat oven to 400 and allow pie crust to defrost.
3. When ready, combine sugar, cinnamon and apple inside in a bowl. Scoop the mixture into the hollowed middle of the apples.
4. Cut strips of pie crusts. I used puff pastry so that it wasn't too dense. Layer the strips on the tops of the apples.
5. Place a layer of water in the bottom of a sided baking dish. Put apples into the dish.
6. Cover the tops of the apples with the melted butter, try to brush the pie crust. Add some cinnamon sugar to the top.
7. Bake for 35 minutes or until tops of the pastries are golden brown.
They were a hit and I will definitely be making these again next fall. Nothing beats few ingredients, quick recipe, fresh food and amazing results!