Friday, December 13, 2013

Glitter Canvas Art

Christmas Craft : Glitter Canvas
Prep Time: 30 minutes 
Paint/Glitter: 30 minutes


Every couple of weeks, I get an itch for a new project. With the holiday season upon us, I thought it was time for a more festive creation. I had a couple of canvases waiting for some inspiration. This was my first attempt at a glitter canvas and thankfully my lovely friend Mary C. helped me pick out a shape to start with. I got the idea from an adorable Pinterest glitter canvas of a reindeerThe project only took about an hour and the result was cute! You could make a canvas for any season and it would make a great gift!



Supplies:
- Canvas
- Paint (For canvas and to give a base for your shape)
- Glitter
- Stencil or cut out of desired shape
- Glue
- High gloss finish spray

Directions:
1. Paint your canvas the background color of choice. I used gold as a base color. I used a previously painted canvas so I had to do two coats.
2. Chose a stencil or cut out a shape. I used a Cricut machine to cut out my holly. (If you don't have a Cricut and you enjoy crafts, scrapbooking or cards, it's an amazing tool!)
3. Tape the stencil to the dry canvas and paint into the areas as needed. I used green and red for my holly leaves and berries.
4. I let the paint dry a bit and then brushed some glue into the painted holly areas. I then quickly covered the glue with the corresponding glitter color.
5. After it dried, I used shine spray to set the glitter in place and give the holly a little more of a pop. I also sprayed a bit more gold to give the background a little texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment