These tasty chocolate peanut and rice krispie clusters are easy and hard to put down. Although the rich quality means you may only want to eat a few of them, trust someone who had a hard time limiting herself. Not only does this produce a number of treats, I made 75, but with the leftover ingredients you have just enough to make a pan of Rice Krispie Bars. Tried them out on our friends and they scarfed them down. So here I give you 2 very simple and utterly delicious recipes to enjoy.
-2 cups dry roasted salted peanuts
-2 cups mini marshmallows (1lb bag gives extra for Bars)
-1 cup peanut butter
-2 pounds white chocolate chips
(need 2 12oz bags + 1 1/3cup OR 1lb bag + 2/3 of 12oz bag)
1) In a large bowl combine the cereal, peanuts and marshmallows.
2) In a microwaveable bowl melt chocolate and peanut butter on HIGH 1minute then 30 second intervals until melted.
3) Stir chocolate into cereal mix. Mix well. May be tad runny and seem like too much chocolate, it's not.
4) Drop by tsbp on wax paper.
5) Firm for 2 hours, store in airtight container when dried.
*Note: You can refrigerate for 1 hour to speed up process. However, preferred 2 hrs firmed at room temperature.
Rice Krispie Bars
-3 tbsp butter or margarine
-1 pkg (10 oz) regular marshmallows
4 cups mini marshmallows
-6 cups of Kelloggs Rice Krispie cereal
1) In large saucepan melt butter on low. Add marshmallows and stir til melted. Remove.
In microwave heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH 3 minutes. Stir after 2 minutes. Stir til smooth.
2) Add rice krispies, still til coated.
3) Coat a 9x13 dish with cooking spray. Using buttered spatula or wax paper press rice krispie mix into the pan.
4) Let cool before serving. Recommend cutting with buttered knife.