Friday, October 9, 2015

Outlander Series


Read this series! And if you don't want to tackle the whole series read the first book titled Outlander.  The first novel appears on best to read romance lists, so you know you gotta check it out if you're into romance.  But I have a feeling once you begin, your curiosity won't be sated until you've read the series.

These books are lengthy compared to the typical book, it was for this reason (and the fact that I had to borrow from libraries before I got a kindle) that it took me a couple years to finish the series.  And her most recent book came out last year, so I'll be back at it. 

Why read this?  One, she's a good writer - take my opinion and the other thousands who've read the books.  Two, it's historical fiction, and who doesn't love historical fiction?  No on better be raising their hand.  Three, leading off of my second point, the setting throughout the series takes place across the Ocean in Europe and throughout America.  And what makes it more juicy, the books occur during big historical change and yet also in our time period.

Did I mention these have a splash of time travel adventures.  Now who isn't intrigued?  Love, war, betrayal, family, survival, and playing with history, are all the good makings of a memorable series.  And the Outlander series is certainly that.

http://www.dianagabaldon.com/books/outlander-series/
Books in the Series:

1. Outlander
2. Dragonfly In Amber
3. Voyager
4. Drums of Autumn
5. Fiery Cross
6. A Breath of Snow and Ashes
7. An Echo In The Bone
8. Written In My Own Hearts Blood

Author:
Diana Gabaldon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment