Friday, September 4, 2015

Night with Julia Child

Every girl needs a girls night.  Having the chance to catch up with your favorite females is exactly what we ladies need from time to time.  I'm always looking for something that's fun, cheap and allows quality time.  If you like cooking, movies, and have a fondness for Julia Child this idea's for you.
























The movie, Julie and Julia is a favorite of mine and loved by me and my college roommates.  It made the perfect ladies night movie.  But to extend this beyond just a typical movie night, you can mix in a Julia Child recipe.  I chose to use her book Mastering the Art of French Cooking for my recipe choice.  Pick an easy recipe or maybe a more challenging one since you got cooking partners to back you up.  Then you can sit down and enjoy your success while watching the movie.



The cookbook itself is a worthwhile read.  The details on how to cook a dish is incredible.  Most of the french dishes are ones beyond my palate.  But there is one section of the book just devoted to sauces! Considering that I'm weak in my sauce knowledge  I thought this was one of the most useful sections.  Once you master sauces the options on what to cook with opens your dinner possibilities.  Can't wait to try them out. 

One Julia Child recipe that shows up in the movie and seems to be a popular favorite from her cookbook is beef bourguignon or beef burgundy.  This probably wouldn't be the one to do for a girls night, but other shorter dishes or tasty desserts like her creme brulee or mousse may be just the ticket.

Beef Bourguignon
(check out the full recipe in Julia Child's book)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment