Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

A dear coworker of mine left my team for another job and we threw a little going away party for her. I was looking for an excuse to do a little fall baking so volunteered to bring some treats. These were the perfect fall dessert!

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

I used Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Mix. I used the bread recipe since I did not want my whoopie pies to be too dense or overly sweet. One bread mix packet made 18 medium whoopie pies.

I had some silicone baking sheets that I had purchased on sale after last autumn. They worked like magic and added an adorable fall touch! Admittedly, I had a bit of OCD when I noticed that the tops had bubbled out. I cut off the tops so that the imprinted side could lay flat while face up. However, the tops were scrumptious to nibble on while I finished the whoopie pies!

Cream Cheese Filling:
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar

Mix all ingredients together. Cut whoopie pies into halves and once cool, spread or pipe the filling into the whoopie pies. Refrigerate until shortly before serving. Now, pair this with a carmel apple bar and you have yourself a party!






No comments:

Post a Comment