Friday, October 10, 2014

Heroes of Olympus

Another series by Rick Riordan that I absolutely fell in love with. It's hard not to when the books are well written and full of adventure, myths, monsters, deities, and heroes. A new Great Prophecy and a new generation of demigods. In this 5 book series you revisit old friends with a new cast of main characters, the heroes of Camp Half-Blood embark on the most dangerous challenges yet.

http://www.rickriordan.com/my-books/percy-jackson/heroes-of-olympus/The-Mark-of-Athena.aspxhttp://www.rickriordan.com/my-books/percy-jackson/heroes-of-olympus/the-lost-hero.aspxhttp://www.rickriordan.com/my-books/percy-jackson/heroes-of-olympus/thesonofneptune.aspx

http://www.rickriordan.com/my-books/percy-jackson/heroes-of-olympus/The-Blood-of-Olympus.aspxhttp://www.rickriordan.com/my-books/percy-jackson/heroes-of-olympus/The-House-of-Hades.aspx


Percy Jackson and the Olympians was the preceding series to The Heroes of Olympus. If you haven't already heard of the Percy Jackson series which has blown up in popularity of the books and been turned into movies, you should talk to some teens. Widely popular, there is a lot to like about both series.  If you want to find out more about the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series check out my previous post.

Now if someone is interested in the Heroes of Olympus series they don't need to read the Percy Jackson series, HOWEVER the two do intertwine and continue from the previous series. So what I'm trying to say is it's a mistake not to read both series.  Plus reading all the books in the correct order will of course answer any questions that might pop up and best explain the workings of Ancient Greek and Roman mythology. Because let's be honest not all adults are up to speed on mythology, even some of the basics.  Kids seem to get a real kick out of the books, both male and female.  These are like the Harry Potter Books that used to be the main books to read back in my day.  Am I really that old already?

So whether you are a teen, or have a teen in your family it's worth sharing the series with them if they haven't already picked it up.  Plus the books make great gifts for birthdays and Christmas.  Who doesn't like to encourage reading by gifting a fabulous book or two or a whole series?

And hey I'm in my mid twenties and I greatly enjoyed them. Laughing out loud, having the books gripped in my hand til I turned to the final page, and then I'd walk over to my stack of books and start right in on the next one. I'm sure you can tell patience is not one of my stronger virtues. But lucky for you, all the books are out and so you don't even have to wait for a release of another book in the series like I had to...it was torture. Did I mention I lack patience? Well in case I have failed to convince you it's in your best interest to share/read these novels check out the summary of the first book. I didn't want to give anything away by writing ones for the others, since I'm hoping you'll be intriugued enough and take up my challenge to read the series. I mean look at the covers! Isn't your interest a little piqued?

If you do want more information on the books check out Rick Riordan's website.  From there I got these great pictures of the covers and there are summaries for the novels, and the order in which to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment